I am a project assistant professor at "FIRST, Aihara Innovative Mathematical Modelling Project"
From April 2008 to August 2010, I was a postdoc at CompView
at Tokyo Tech.
I received a PhD in information science and technology from University of Tokyo in March 2008.
- Matroids, Submodular Functions, Discrete Convex Analysis
- Approximation Algorithms
- Convex Optimization
- Machine Learning
- Kiyohito Nagano, and Yoshinobu Kawahara and Kazuyuki Aihara:
Size-constrained submodular minimization through minimum norm base.
In Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Machine Learning
(ICML 2011), pp. 977-984.
- Yoshinobu Kawahara, Kiyohito Nagano, and Yoshio Okamoto:
Submodular fractional programming for balanced clustering.
Pattern Recognition Letters, 32 (2011), pp. 235-243.
- Kiyohito Nagano, Yoshinobu Kawahara, and Satoru Iwata:
Minimum average cost clustering.
In Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 23
(NIPS 2010), pp. 1759-1767.
- Yoshinobu Kawahara, Kiyohito Nagano, Koji Tsuda, and Jeff Bilmes:
Submodularity Cuts and Applications.
In Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 22
(NIPS 2009), pp. 916-924.
- Satoru Iwata and Kiyohito Nagano:
Submodular function minimization under covering constraints.
In Proceedings of the 50th Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science
(FOCS 2009), pp. 671-680.
- Satoru Fujishige and Kiyohito Nagano:
A structure theory for the parametric submodular intersection problem.
Mathematics of Operations Research, 34 (2009), pp. 513-521.
- Satoru Fujishige, Takumi Hayashi, and Kiyohito Nagano:
Minimizing discrete convex functions with linear inequality constraints.
SIAM Journal on Optimization, 20 (2009), pp. 856-867.
- Kiyohito Nagano:
On convex minimization over base polytopes.
In Proceedings of the 12th IPCO Conference, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, LNCS 4513, Springer-Verlag (2007), pp. 252-266.
- Fabián Chudak and Kiyohito Nagano:
Efficient solutions to relaxations of combinatorial problems with submodular penalties via the Lovász extension and non-smooth convex optimization.
In Proceedings of the 18th ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (SODA 2007), pp. 79-88.
- Kiyohito Nagano:
A strongly polynomial algorithm for line search in submodular polyhedra.
Discrete Optimization 4 (2007), pp. 349-359.